- The focus on the natural environment and wildlife as well as their regularities
- The use of biological systems in economic and medical applications
- Wildlife management
The programme is designed to provide students with an opportunity to:
- be trained by expert teaching staff holding doctoral degrees as well as professional awards and titles granted by the Russian government;
- use a range of IT, multimedia and other cutting-edge educational equipment;
- work in specially-equipped classrooms as well as educational laboratories of the Faculties of Biology, Chemistry, and Physics;
- access the resources of the Zoological Museum, the Museum of Anatomy, and the herbaria of the Department of Botany;
- work in the education and research laboratory of the Department of Human and Animal Anatomy and Physiology as well as the students’ laboratory of the Department of Zoology;
- take part in experimental research conducted at the Faculty departments and the Laboratory for Experimental Zoology;
- make use of the hardware and software package by ADInstruments and the Pirogov interactive dissection table, etc.
- conduct research in biology.
We offer our students internships and work placement in:
- the cutting-edge agrobiological facility in Vyritsa in the suburbs of Saint Petersburg;
- research facility of the A.O. Kovalevsky Institute of Biology of the Southern Seas of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Crimea;
- research laboratories of the Faculty of Biology and other research institutes based in Saint Petersburg.
Our alumni are well-placed to:
- provide an analysis-driven identification of subject matter, objectives and methods of research in biology;
- process the obtained data, draw conclusions and provide practical recommendations based on the research outcomes;
- land a job as a research fellow;
- master new tools and technology in biology research.
- proceed to a doctoral programme and obtain a doctoral degree.