• It’s ideal for anyone working in Education, Further Education and the Skills Sector, and broader educational settings.
• This course can serve different needs and offers students opportunities to learn across a range of areas within the broad field of education: developing educational programs, comparative issues, constructing international projects.
• We will deepen your understanding of Russian culture and education in different historical times including the Soviet period as well.
• The programme is good for students that are looking to develop their career within the specialist field of modern comparative education and designer of international courses.
The master's degree course gives students that extra edge that today’s employers are looking for and provides them profound knowledge to become educational professionals.
The Master's degree program trains teachers-researchers in the field of a new type of education and offers
• training in conducting scientific research, which subsequently gives students the opportunity to complete postgraduate studies to obtain Phd;
• prepare students for working on various educational programs of High, Secondary or professional schools and Skills Sector
• cope with the technology of making international educational projects in educational organizations of different levels.
• curriculum leader;
• manager of an educational organization;
• teacher in Skills Sector;
• educational institutions;
• research institutions.
• Methodology and Methods of Scientific Research in Pedagogy
• Digital Transformation of Education
• The History of Comparative Studies in Education
• Intellectual Culture of Russian Empire in Comparative Perspective
• Psychological Research in Education
• Pedagogical Support of Children at Social Risk
• Pedagogical Education in Russia
• The Russian Academic System: History, Traditions, and World Contexts
• Pedagogical Ideas and Education in Russia of the 18th and 19th Centuries
• Ethnocultural Studies in Russian Pedagogy
• Soviet School and Soviet Pedagogy of the Second Half of the 20th Century
• Soviet Childhood
• Basics of Intercultural Communication
• Models and Methods for Evaluating Innovative Processes in Education
• Russian Language in Professional Communication
• Alternative Forms of Education
• Professional communication in a multicultural educational environment
interview in English (on-line, 15 min.)
• prove the choice of the master's degree program,
• give the description of his educational and professional experience,
• represent the available achievements (portfolio content),
• describe the expected development of his future professional activity,
• reveal the content of one of the questions prepared by the applicant in advance, from the list is given below.
1. Barry Kort, Rob Reilly Evolving Educational Pedagogy in Developing Nations. – URL: https://affect.media.mit.edu/projectpages/lc/Kort.pdf (дата обращения 30.01.2023)
2. Naureen Durrani Pedagogy, curriculum, teaching practices and teacher education in developing countries. - URL: https://www.academia.edu/20727174/Pedagogy_curriculum_teaching_practices_and_teacher_education_in_developing_countries (дата обращения 30.01.2023)
3. Composition Teachers from Different Cultures: Where is Pedagogy?i. – URL: https://www.academia.edu/18095366/Composition_Teachers_from_Different_Cultures_Where_is_Pedagogy_i (дата обращения 30.01.2023)
4. Zongyi Deng Confucianism, modernization and Chinese pedagogy: An introduction. – URL: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/233201987_Confucianism_modernization_and_Chinese_pedagogy_An_introduction (дата обращения 30.01.2023)
5. Best universities in pedagogy in Russia 2022 Rankings. – URL: https://smapse.com/best-universities-in-pedagogy-in-russia-2022-ranking/ (дата обращения 30.01.2023)
6. Irina Kulikovskaya, Anna Andrienko PEDAGOGICAL EDUCATION IN RUSSIA: CHALLENGES, PROSPECTS, AND QUALITY ASSURANCE. – URL: https://ojs.journals.cz/index.php/CBUIC/article/view/621 (дата обращения 30.01.2023)
7. Alexey Vladimirovich Lubkov, Olga Alexandrovna Morozova Pedagogical Education in Russia: Current State, Experience, Outlook, Problems . – URL: https://ap.pensoft.net (дата обращения 30.01.2023)
8. Bowen Zhanga A Comparison between Pedagogical Approaches in UK and China. –URL: https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/EJ1326691.pdf (дата обращения 30.01.2023)
9. PETER KELLY Comparative Pedagogy: making sense of cultural complexity. – URL: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.2304/rcie.2013.8.4.415 (дата обращения 30.01.2023)
10. The journal “Pedagogical Education in Russia” addresses specialists working in pedagogical education institutions
11. and other…
Join our Master’s degree programme to benefit from studying in one of Russia’s top universities located in the very heart of Saint Petersburg, the most beautiful and second largest Russian city!
Course length: 2 years
Language of Instruction: English
Language level required: B1 and above.
More information: https://www.herzen.spb.ru/abiturients/obrazovatelnye-programmy/master/47/8562/