Over the years a number of unique research fields have been established here including:
- ontolinguistics (developmental psycholinguistics);
- defectology (therapeutic pedagogy and the development of inclusive education in Russia);
- bilingualism (specific features of bilingual education);
- integrated research in childhood and child development;
- northern studies (studies of the indigenous minorities of the Far East and Siberia)
Our scientists and research groups undertake a range of expert work in their respective fields, and the knowledge they have acquired and accumulated has become a valuable information source for further development of science and education.