The programme combines basic teacher training and Orthodox theological education.
The programme aims to train professionals, who:
- have a broad knowledge of humanities;
- have skills to conduct research and teach theology and other subjects in humanities;
- have skills to train secondary school teachers so that they can teach subjects related to theology as well as moral and value development.
The programme prepares teachers and researchers who are well-rounded in current issues in theology, humanities, and teaching methodology:
- graduates are well-placed to teach in either secular or religious settings with due regard to constitutional provisions and rights of students;
- graduates are well-rounded in education/theology-related subject areas. They are also skilled to facilitate understanding between different social groups, either secular or religious.